Junior IT Systems Admin
Junior IT Systems Admin, reporting to the IT Director. This position based in Virginia, Cavan, includes an active IT Support role for our data centres based in Dublin. The right candidate will coordinate technical problem resolution and respond to all IT issues. This role is a great opportunity to gain IT experience in a growing and vibrant company.
Job type: Six month full-time contract, with opportunity for permanent role upon completion.
- Deal with support tickets and first level IT issues
- Provide IT support, focusing on data center issues
- Deploy security patches and review security issues
- Assist in support and development projects. Work may include performing research to enhance efficiencies, analysing and documenting current systems, assisting with testing and implementation of new technology systems
- Installing and configuring Windows, Linux and KVM Servers
- Monitoring and maintaining IT assets, network and services
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Maintaining backups
- Updating Firewall rules
- Some out of hours work required
- Travel to regional sites required
- Excellent IT troubleshooting skills
- Experience supporting desktops, laptops, and servers
- Able to work independently; resourceful and action-oriented
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux
- Excellent communications skills
- OTRS ticket Support Knowledge
- PFSense Support Knowledge
- Active Directory.
- PBX and Hosted Telephony Solutions
- Virtualisation technologies – VMWare/KVM
- Full driving license essential
- Linux/Windows/Systems Administration and basic Networking administration
- Knowledge of Firewalls/Security
- Knowledge of Virtualisation
- Experience with Windows operating systems (Windows 10, Windows Server 2008/2008R2/2012/2016)
- Experience with Linux OS, especially Centos and Ubuntu
The role will require some flexibility in terms of working hours occasionally and will require site visits.
Candidates should be currently eligible to work in Ireland/EU (stamp 4 permit) and should be based in country (Ireland) for face to face interview.
If you have good IT support skills and are keen to join an exciting company, please forward a current CV and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.